About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Monday, November 7, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Pumpkin Dessert Cards

The "Holiday Season" is approaching and it is time for some seasonal desserts. These are 2 of our family favorites. They are both very mildly pumpkin-y. I don't care for full-on pumpkin pie most of the time, but these work for me.


The Chiffon pie has raw eggs in the recipe, as this pie is not a baked pie, so if you have concerns, just use egg white powder as directed.



You are welcome to save these recipe cards to print for your own personal use only. But, please, they are not for sale or mass distribution.
I use a postcard template from Avery  in Microsoft Word to print my cards. I just paste the image into the table and print on the perforated postcards.

Digital Scrapbook kit is Happy Go Lucky by Shabby Princess Designs.
Font is CK Architect by Creating Keepsakes.
Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe also here.


Pumpkin Chiffon Pie - Verle Liddle  (From Melba who used to make it in mass quantity for the miners)

1 envelope Knox gelatin
¼ cup cold water

Soak gelatin in water and set aside   

1 cup brown sugar
1 cup milk
3 eggs yolks slightly beaten
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp each ginger, allspice, and salt

Combine in sauce pan. Cook until thickened, stirring often (doesn’t thicken very much.)
Remove pan from stove.
Stir in gelatin until thoroughly dissolved.
Cool in fridge.

Beat 3 egg whites until thick. (Or mix dry egg whites according to package directions (or meringue powder) = to 3 egg whites.)
Add ¼ cup sugar while continuing to beat.
Fold thoroughly into cooled pumpkin mixture.
Pour into baked, chilled pie crusts.
Chill the whole pie.
Top with whipped cream on each slice when served.
Makes one large pie and one small, or 2 equal medium pies
Make the day before for best results.

1 comment: