About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Fabric order follow up

The online fabric retailer came through. The only annoying thing about the process was the 10 minute wait on the phone to talk to a person. I did try emailing them, but that was useless.
Once I got through on the phone, a very nice customer service rep told me to keep the incorrect fabric or donate it if I didn't want it and they would get the correct fabric out to me at no charge. I saw the order come through in my email within minutes of ending the call.
The UPS tracking number was issues 2 days later (16th) and I received my fabric on the 22nd.
I will likely order from them again.

1 comment:

  1. Hollie has left a new comment on your post "Fabric order follow up":

    So glad it worked out for you! Thanks for the update. (And I love the new look of your blog!)

    ReplyDelete