About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Monday, November 28, 2011

Everyone has been sharing about their Thanksgiving so I decided to share mine too. This is the post from my private family blog.


 We have had a fun, busy week. The kids had the entire week off school.
Monday was just a hang out, relax, read and watch movies day.
Tuesday, some wonderful friends offered to take us to Legoland on their buddy passes so the boys and K and I went and spent most of the day there with our friends and the kids' cousins and Aunt. (M had a Young Women's activity at her leader's house so she chose to do that instead of Legoland.)
 
K and C check out San Fransisco.

San Fransisco has some beautiful houses!

T, J and K meet some aliens.

A dragon, a dragon, I swear I saw a dragon!

Joust on Sir J!

K has a flower souvenir from Legoland.
K was telling me the colors on the turkey J made at school.


Wednesday I spent the day making pies and rolls and things and trying to keep kids out from underfoot (and being cranky as all get out). Normally I let them help with feast-y preparations, but this time I was doing 2 new pie recipes, French Silk and Pumpkin that required a lot of attention to detail, so I nixed the helpers this year. The kids played and read and watched more movies. (I got to leave in the evening to watch Robin and the Seven Hoods with my girl friends, which helped a little with my irritability.)

Pumpkin Pie (Cooks Country)

French Silk Pie (Cooks Country)
 
Thursday, I was still ornery, so I put the turkey in, and then hid in my room until time for Thanksgiving dinner.
Our feast was delicious and the company was great.

After a while, we had some more friends join us for pie night and games.

12 Pie Night pies


The pies we had were Banana Cream, French Silk, Lemon Meringue, Cherry, 3 Dutch Apple, Cherry Cream, 2 Pecan, Buttermilk, and Pumpkin. We also had Pumpkin cake and little pumpkin tartlets, plus ice cream and whipped cream on the side. The kids played and then watched Tangled, and the grown-ups played a bunch of games. It was a very fun evening.


This morning (Friday) we did NOT hit Black Friday sales, just stayed home and relaxed and ate leftovers. This afternoon we went out to the tide pools to do some exploring. We saw quite a few Sea Stars, and a couple of crabs and Daddio even got to see a small octopus (that is not him holding it in the picture). K fell in one of the deeper pools and was drenched. She didn't seem to mind much after a while even though the wind was chilly.



Anemones



Sea Star hiding under the rock.

Sea Star who did not want to let go! (Those are rocks it is holding)

Crab

Four Sea Stars, (the kids said it was a family.)

You can see how big they were.


K thought this tiny Sea Star was a spider when I showed it to her and stomped on it. I think it was okay though.
  
The little octopus

Tonight Daddio is going to play games with the guys and we are going to bed.


3 comments:

  1. Wow, you've been busy. As for being crabby - you're a mom, a wife, cook, cleaner, fashion advisor, chauffeur, story reader, etc, etc, etc. You're allowed to have a crabby or a "me" day when ever you need one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those tide pool pictures are amazing! My son is totally into sea life and would've gone wild at seeing an octopus, anemones, and star fish "in the wild." That is so cool that this is near you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I'm way behind in reading blogs....Amy what a great post! The two new pies you made looked great and all of your beach photos make me want to go to the beach! The Legoland ones get me the most- my boys are just too old now. :( thank you for sharing this with us. :)

    ReplyDelete