About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Comments. What is best?

A while back there was some discussion about the "best" way to ask for comments on your blog. Blogger has 3 options for leaving comments. An embedded box below each post, a pop up box or a full page. I have never used the full page version, but I have used both pop up boxes and embedded. For a while, embedded was the favorite, for ease of use I guess, but lately, there have been issues with it. It seems that switching to a pop up window eliminates the problem of not being able to leave a comment for those who can't when a blogger has the embedded version set up.
So I will put it to you.
Which do you prefer and why?
 You can either comment here (I just switched back to pop-up by the way.) or answer in the survey at the top right. Just use one of these options so I don't count you twice. :)

Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. What issues have you been having with the box embedded below? That's what I've been using on my blog and I haven't noticed any problems. I've been happy with it so far. I also don't make people type in the anti-spam letters/numbers thing. Instead I have each comment sent to me in email for approval before it gets posted. Thankfully, I haven't had any problems with spam yet. I like doing that because I can reply to those comments directly from my email that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There have been a couple of people who try to comment and keep getting looped back to log in or something. I had it happen once trying to comment, but I didn't pay attention to what their set up for comments was. It was really annoying though. There are some helps on Google for it, but recently I read somewhere that just changing back to a pop up resolves it.
    I have had a couple of spam comments since I took off the word verification, but I have the comments emailed to me for that reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had that problem for a while on a private blogger blog: A few people would try to comment, but every time they hit "Publish Your Comment" it wouldn't work. I can't remember how I fixed it...I think I changed the "who can post on this blog?" part, saved it, then changed it back and saved it.
    I'm not a fan of the pop-up window, but whatever.

    ReplyDelete