About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Work In Progress Wednesday




The move has killed my sewing mojo and I really need to get going again.
Yep, it is time to get back into the swing of things with my quilting and sewing and doing a WIP post seemed like a good way to get organized.
I have way too many things that are in progress!

This summer I had 2 of my tops quilted by The Alford Inn Quilt Shoppe and Retreat. Just an all over quilting. I was so happy to have them done!
Now I just need to trim and bind them.
The first one is my Sew Cherry Sweet Road to Ireland quilt that I made for my youngest. She knows it is hers and when I pulled it out to take pictures this morning she was so excited to see it again. And was so mad when I put it back in its bag. :)






It is quilted with an all over large stipple.

 This one is the Sherbet Take 5 quilt. This is my first pieced quilt. And it is all mine. :)


 She quilted it with a variegated thread that I loved, in a big, swirly pattern that I have since forgotten the name of.
 If you look closely at this picture you can see the different colors in the thread.




Here is some of my WIP list:

Completed tops hangin’ out:
Sliced Coins
Neutral Mediterranean

Need to start:
Ashby baby quilt
Burp cloth

No progress in 30+ days (UFOs):
Cherry Sweet Road to Ireland – quilted & needs to be bound
Sherbet – quilted & needs to be bound
Bliss – Needs borders
Block of the Month
Hot Wheels
Skill Builder QA
MOTP QA
SuperNova
5 Doll quilts
Tree Skirt
Stockings

This month's stats:
Completed projects - 6
     3 Diaper Clutches
     1 burp cloth
     2 tote bags
New projects to start - 2
Currently in progress – Too many!

Now head over to Freshly Pieced to see what is being made in blogland.


9 comments:

  1. Two beautiful quilts! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute that your daughter was all excited about her quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!! those quilts are adorable...so is your quilting....great work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very gorgeous quilts :) Its cute when the kiddies get excited about something we're making for them

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilts are beautiful. Love how she is doing the happy dance on her quilt. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilts! Really nice work. Love the little legs dancing on the first one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those two quilts are wonderful and they will be so nice to sit with to finish the binding. I have not popped over to your actual blog for a bit, reading on google reader, it is looking wonderful on your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute quilts! Hope you get your mojo back soon! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love the design of the first quilt! I hope you get your sewing motivation back. Cute that they always seem to dance on it! :)

    ReplyDelete