About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Halloween Table Runner



Last year I used my favorite table runner tutorial for the Easy Table Runner (or 10 Minute Table Runner by LaRae Bunnell Clark) to make a Halloween table runner. It was a fast easy and fun project and you could make one for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah etc. (It is not a quilted table runner.)
 A quick tutorial on the stack and whack method.

SUPPLIES:

4+ fat quarters. (Use whatever number suits your project, but at least 3.)
Yardage for backing (this will be equal to the length of your finished pieced strip by the width plus a few inches) I started with 2 yards but did not use it all. It was probably a little less than a yard in length. I wanted a long runner for my large table.
Rotary cutter
Ruler
Cutting mat
Sewing machine
Coordinating Thread.
Pins
Iron



Here the ruler is angled left.

For the next cut the ruler angled right. Sorry about the missing  ruler change in the photo.

 
 
 











 


You can visit my original post here.



Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. The table runner looks fantastic on your table - now I realise I need to make the size to fit the angle just right! This has just gone on my Christmas to do list! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that! I soooo wish I could sew and that you lived closer to me!

    ReplyDelete