About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Saturday, September 24, 2011

My first Mug Rug!

Lee at Freshly Pieced posted a really cute mug rug tutorial (HERE) the other day and I just had to try it.
It turned out great! It took me about 3 hours from start to finish.





It did not stay a mug rug though because I could not bear to put anything on it. So I asked my 2 year old if she wanted it. She did and put it right to work keeping her Abby Cadabby and Elmo dolls warm. :)





I did a fully machine stitched, scrappy binding with a zigzag stitch to finish it. By pure coincidence I quilted it exactly the same way Lee did hers, 1/4 away from the seams.
Fabrics are Sugar and Spice by the Quilted Fish, for Riley Blake, a red gingham that I bought on our trip to San Diego, a red dot from I don't know where, and an aqua background fabric.

6 comments:

  1. Love this mug rug and it looks cute as a cover for Elmo

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Love the red and aqua!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mug rug and an Elmo blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely...the zigzag pattern is cute! =) Mug rugs are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks fabulous - I love those prints from The Quilted Fish. The colours look brilliant together and they "go" so well with Elmo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! Glad you enjoyed making it! (And that Elmo is enjoying it as well.) : )

    ReplyDelete