Quilt Asylum and just have not done it. I needed a sewing fix and this seemed like the perfect time to make it. I also made a second one with some miscellaneous hardware. I added a ruffle to the second one, as shown in this tutorial but I don't really like how it turned out. It looks messy and not ruffle-y enough. The strip needed to be longer. But I got to sew! YAY!
We had a major power outage yesterday from 3:30pm to 10:30pm or these would have been done yesterday. It has been a while since we have had an outage last that long, and I am grateful it wasn't longer. The kids got to stay home from school, and the DMV was closed today with their systems down, so getting my California license was thwarted for the second time.
And now, with the kids running amok and all of us hungry, it is time to put the pizza in the oven. Off I go!