About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Crazy Crust Pizza follow up.

Tuesday night I made Crazy Crust Pizza after I saw that my friend Christine had liked it.
A few things I learned from making this.
1-  My 7 year old suddenly does not like pepperoni.

2-  Using parchment paper on the baking sheet is a BAD idea.

3-  I needed another 1/2 cup of flour, not sure if it was just too humid here or what, and the dough still was "pourable".

4-  I do not like this pizza. The texture was weird for me. The crust was too soft, thick and doughy and didn't have much flavor. My 2 year old was not interested in eating it at all so she may have liked it if she had tried it. Everyone else said it was a keeper.

So, I will be making this again, but I will be having a salad. :)

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, this dough is NOT for use with parchment paper!!!! I guess you could add some garlic powder, and extra herbs if you want but we had so many toppings that the flavor was amazing. Even my 2 year old ate an entire slice and part of my 4 year old's pizza - who claimed it was too spicy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and it is supposed to be REALLY pourable. Maybe that's why the texture was off? Because you added extra flour? just a thought.

    ReplyDelete