About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Fudge Brownies

This recipe was made due to my darling Littlest Miss being upset that she didn't get to go with Daddio and the big kids to the tide pools. So, I tempted her with the idea of making cookies. Her favorite song right now is called "Bowl-licker" on an album called Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy, Joy by Melanie Hoffman. It is about a kid who loves to taste whatever his mom is making. Littlest Miss will listen to it over and over and over on my phone. She asks me "Cookies on peas?" and points to my phone. :)
Anyway, I asked her if she wanted to cook and she said yes, but said no to cookies, but yes when I suggested brownies. I decided to pull out the trusty 18th Ward cookbook and looked up some brownie recipes. I picked this one purely on the title. I am a lover of fudgy as opposed to cakey brownies. After reading the recipe and finding it had the added bonus of chocolate chips, and knowing I had all the ingredients, we set to work.
Littlest Miss had a ball dumping in the ingredients and was amazingly neat for a 2 year old. And of course she got to lick the spatula. :)

"If Mom's cookin' , I'm lickin', boy kitchens are fun!" ~ Melanie Hoffman-Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy, Joy
Fudge Brownies
Recipe by Kathryn Johnson and Linda Williams; found in Our Favorite Recipes - Compiled by the Spanish Fork 18th Ward Relief Society - 1989?

1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
6 TBSP cocoa
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup nuts (optional)
1/2 cup chocolate chips*

Cream butter, sugar and vanilla; beat in eggs. Blend in cocoa. Stir in flour, nuts, and chocolate chips.
Bake in an 8x8 inch greased and floured** pan at 325 for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool and frost if desired.



This recipe called for 2 layers of frosting. A flavored thin frosting, which is topped with a chocolate fluffy frosting.
 I didn't frost them at all. They are rich and thick and fudgy and I didn't think they needed frosting. If you would like the frosting recipes, just send me an email.

* I used mini chocolate chips.
** I just used cooking spray and no flour and they came out fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment