About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Chocolate Chip Blonde Brownies

I know it is actually Thursday, but we can pretend right? I made these the other day and decided to share the recipe (for lack of something better to post). I should be packing/house hunting/doing paperwork, but my little self needed some me time and this is it. :)

There are TONS of recipes for Blondies out there but this is the only one I have ever tried. It comes from a ward cookbook from where I grew up. The recipe is from the lady who lived next door to us for as long as I can remember. She had two sweet dogs, a Chihuahua (Gidget) and a Great Dane (Duke). Quite the doggy combo. :)  Anyway...




Chocolate Chip Blonde Brownies – Shirley C

1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2cup nuts (optional)


1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup butter or margarine (melted)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 package chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9”x13” baking pan. Melt butter, cool to room temp. In a medium mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients and nuts. Put sugar in a separate medium mixing bowl. Add cooled butter to sugar. Mix in egg and vanilla. Add flour mixture a little at a time and mix well. Spread in a greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle chips on top and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Yum, thanks for sharing this! I love anything with chocolate chips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a hilarious doggy combo - I can just imagine them! Recipe sounds yum :-)

    Hope the packing is going ok - but glad you managed to squeeze in a little you time x

    ReplyDelete