About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Monday, August 15, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Carrot Cake from Pots and Pins



My darling husband turned thirty something this last weekend and he requested carrot cake. I have tried many recipes and had not found a winner yet. BUT,  I knew I had recently saved what sounded like a  good one, but had yet to try it. I frequently find excellent recipes on Pots and Pins, so when she posted a carrot cake recipe I saved it to try later. I dug it up from my computer files, got the necessary ingredients, and baked it Sunday for the family get together.

SUCCESS! Everyone loved it!

I made some slight deviations in the recipe, due to my nutmeg being packed, and my  husband not liking nuts in carrot cake. I also didn't pay attention to what size my can of pineapple was and put more than 8 oz in. And I made one of the 3 pans without raisins.


Here is the link to her post. I highly recommend this cake. Even I, who am not normally a carrot cake fan, liked it. My icing was a little runny, but I think it was just because it was hot in my house.
So very Yummy! Thanks Nan!

No comments:

Post a Comment