About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Friday, July 22, 2011

Easy and Delicious Chicken Pot Pie

12 years ago, a sweet friend brought me a delicious dinner while I was recovering from having my first baby.
I made it for dinner tonight and thought I would share this simple, yet delicious recipe with you.

The text is the version I have in my computer, with the notes for myself. I now have to double the recipe to fill my yahoos.




Easy and Delicious Chicken Pot Pie

2 Pie Crusts (1 pre-baked in pie tin for about 5 minutes, 1 rolled out for the top)
2-3 chicken breasts cooked and shredded or diced. (Cook ahead in slow cooker with one can chicken broth and seasoning.)
1 can cream of chicken soup (or 2 if too dry)
Vegetables of choice ( Frozen peas, carrots, California Blend, cooked and diced potatoes etc., canned corn) Fresh vegetables taste best but frozen is easiest.

Mix together chicken, soup, and vegetables. Warm on stove top to thaw frozen vegetables. Season as desired, with salt pepper garlic powder or onion powder. Fold into prepared pie crust. Top with second pie crust. Cut slits for steam to escape. Bake @ 350 for 1 hour or until golden brown.



The images are the recipe as it was given to me.





1 comment:

  1. That does look delish, and sounds really simple to make!

    ReplyDelete