About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Zippy Purse Swap project

In March, I joined the Zippy Purse Swap. I made a little clutch for my partner using my friend Erin's pattern that I tested for her back in November.




This was my test clutch (way back when) and it was my first zipper. I do not have a zipper foot, but that ended up being only a minor inconvenience. She had great instructions and I loved how my purse turned out (Except for the flower which I made incorrectly and sewed on poorly and too far down.) I don't care for that fabric any more (just call me Fickle Freddie) but I still use the clutch for my ladies items and other things that need to be in my purse.

Since I liked the pattern so much, and was familiar with it, it was a no brainer to repeat it for the swap.
My partner said she LOVES Yellow and Gray.
Easy! My daughter had just bought some pretty yellow and gray fabric, called Eclipse by Exclusively Quilters at The Quilt Asylum to make a skirt for her American girl doll.  I went and got some more and made this:




The flower I made was a new technique for me, found HERE. I just covered it with a button instead of doing the swirly stitching in the center. (Cute pillow and quilt set right!?!)
And there is my Zippy Purse swap clutch.
I filled it with travel size items, like Bandaids, tiny disposable toothbrushes (whose name escapes me), Shout wipes, things like that. I hope she likes it!


4 comments:

  1. I love both of these pouches! Very cute. And I love that they have pockets inside. so helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great zipper purse! I really like the inside pockets. The flower on the outside is the perfect accent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both your zippy purses it's great that they have pockets inside they are so useful

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Amy! Lauralyn just passed your blog along to me and can I say, HOW CUTE!! I love reading this. I'm feeling very inspired and look forward to your future posts.

    ReplyDelete