About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

WIP Wednesday with actual progress!



I was able to take some time this last week to open up the box of block of the month fabric and complete 2 more blocks. The first one drove me nuts! I actually started it in January, I think, at a UFO gathering, but became incredibly frustrated because the points kept vanishing! Every gosh darned one! So I stuffed it back in the baggie and put it away until this last Sunday, when  I got up the guts to pull it back out and rip it back down to HSTs. It still has some points that are not pointy :), but it will do. I will not be making this block again any time soon.



This one was much easier, although the tulips that make up the center could have been executed a little more accurately. One of the white triangles has a pointless point. :) I like this block a lot in spite of the errors.




 Just one block to go!



I also made some progress on my Supernova quilt! I got the center block finished. Hooray! I do have one problem, in that when I cut my background fabric I came up short. I bought what was left at the shop (all fat quarters) today, came home and discovered it is different fabric. Tomorrow I will take a scrap with me! (I totally forgot, and left it sitting on my table this morning.)









And I forgot to post this little cutie, the special burp cloth for the new dad. (It sort of coordinates with the quilt and diapering set.) The dad is into shooting, so when I saw the fabric with the little pistols on it, I knew what I had to do.



Now y'all head on over to Lee's for some fabulous projects in the works!






13 comments:

  1. Yay, your Supernova blocks are looking great so far!! I have to ask...what are those Thangles thingies? Never seen them before...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe - lovin' the pistol fabric on a burp cloth. :) Hey, those points on your first BOM block really don't look as bad as you think. :D And I love the color and style of the star block with a pinwheel in the center. Thanks for linking up at BOMs Away, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your supernova is looking great!
    I have not seen the top block made with HSTs - I've made it with flying geese and didn't think it was too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blocks look great!!! :) Sweet burping pad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I really like supernova in the more traditional coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah for completed blocks. I think your first block came out great. It looks pointy to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely blocks, I can't see the mistakes, but isn't that how it goes with our own projects! I'm doing a ton of flying geese right now and I hope to make my points shine too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Supernova block is fabulous! Sorry about the issue with the background fabric! Anyway, glad you're making good progress on your WIPs - thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your points all look really good to me and cute burp cloth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I hate when I come home with the wrong fabric because I forgot my sample at home (but I'm glad I'm not the only one that happens to!). Your supernova looks great, can't wait to see the finished top.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is all great work! I love your blocks, they look fine to me and your supernova is going to be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blocks and points look great!! I need to work on my triangle skills too.

    ReplyDelete