About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Teacher Gifts

At Christmas, my teacher gifts left a little to be desired, so when teacher appreciation week arrived, I was going to do  better. Well, it's teacher appreciation week. I got the note for it Monday which put a kink in my plans. I already have one big sewing commitment looming (although I did get another hat cut out). But after wracking my brain on how to make them a little more personal, more than just some glue sticks and pencils, I decided to make totes to put their goodies in.

Sorry for the bad light, I had to take this last night.

The PTA has us giving them one thing each day.

Monday: Book day - Bring a new or gently used book to fill your teacher's classroom library. (I always do a Half Price Books gift card so they can pick what they want. We love Half price books!)
Tuesday: Supply day - Bring a supply for the teacher that can be used in the classroom. (I would love it if the teachers could periodically send out a list of what they are short on. I had to guess. I did pencils, dry erase markers, and glue sticks.)
Wednesday: Sweet day - Bring a sweet treat for your sweet teacher. (A box of plain M&Ms)
Thursday - Appreciation day - Bring a personal note to your teacher. I am having the boys make cards after school today.
Friday - Flower day - Bring a pretty flower to brighten your teacher's day. (I was going to make a flower pin, but I think I will just skip this one. Sorry teachers.)

 


Now, in case you haven't heard, Michael's now has a line of fabrics from Westminster Fibers (Kaffe Fassett ring a bell? Although I don't think that these are Kaffe Fassetts). There are some fun fabrics and kits and Michael's has coupons! They are sold in all your favorite cuts as well as 2 yard bolts ($19.99). I found them back by the yarns. This green fabric above is one of those fabrics. ( My 6 year old picked it for his teacher). Each bundle was $10.99 without a coupon. This is great for me because I don't have a Joann's close by and the quilt shops mostly close at 5, which is usually before I can go without kids. The label says Top Drawer, which I believe is also sold at Hancock Fabrics.
I also got these.
The one on the left is a yard and the one on the right is 2 half yards. To me they seem like fairly good quality fabric. I am no expert though.  Go check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment