About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Monday, May 9, 2011

Babies! They need quilts!

I had to rush to make a special gift for a special baby that came unexpectedly into the life of some friends of ours who had been trying to adopt for a long while. It happened suddenly at the beginning of May, so 2 baby showers were quickly planned. One for girls (this last Saturday) and one for couples (this coming Saturday) and lucky me, I get to attend both! So after I got the phone call on Thursday, I tried to think what I could make in less than 48 hours. Strip quilt! I made them for the twins shower last November and turned out quite nice. So I ran to the quilt shop and got some Buckaroo (the baby is a Texan you  know). Friday, I cut and sewed and bound all day and put it in the wash. It went in the dryer on Saturday morning and came out all cute and cuddly for the absolutely adorable little guy.
For shower # 2 there are matching burp cloths, a diaper clutch and changing pad in the works.






3 comments:

  1. That came out so cute! Kyrie brought home pictures of the blanket because she loved it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! That came out so well. The great thing about strip quilts is that they come together quickly but still look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt is so nice! It gave me a great idea - my neice just had twin girls and I've been itching to buy some girly fabric (I have 3 grandsons, with a 4th on the way).....so you can see my need for PINK!! This looks like a perfect project - fast & easy (I hope)!

    I'm going to post a picture of your quilt on my blog pages so I can remember how it looks and make a couple for my great-neices! I hope you don't mind - I'll link to your blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete