About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

WIP Wednesday

It is Wednesday! Time for the link up at Lee's blog, Freshly Pieced.


I have some progress to report on a couple of things.
First is the Supernova Quilt Along. I finally had some time to get my fabrics organized and started cutting. I only got one block cut. But it is one more than I had before! I did a collage of the strip sets for Flickr which showed me that I have a few changes to make, particularly with the browns. We are a little lopsided in that area.




I also had a chance to do some more hand quilting on my In-Spur-Ation quilt! I think I got 5 or 6 more blocks quilted, so it's about halfway done.


I also got a bias binding made for the Sleepytime baby quilt using this tutorial from Gene Black. I had a ton of trouble getting my angles to match up to make straight edges. The really annoying thing though was when I was explaining my frustration to my husband using scraps, I could make them match up every time. :)  I still don't know what I changed. I just need to try again. So anyway the binding is ready to be put on. I keep procrastinating it because I kind of want to try the Elmer's Washable School Glue method. It is really cool and looks like in the long run it would make the process so much easier. I need to watch the videos a few more times though, to get it set in my head.


I added one more project to the list because I have another baby shower to attend. I am probably going to keep it simple and just make burp cloths, but if I find the time I will do a flannel blanket like the other ones I have done. (Go here to see the pink one, here for the brown.) I have some green frog blankets to use for this one that match the little sleepers I got.

That's all for today! Have a great Wednesday!

7 comments:

  1. Your supernova looks very promising!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Supernova is looking good and I like your hand quilting. I have to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how the Supernova is coming along! The handquilting looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the supernova! and the hand quilting makes a quilt so soft and comfy to wrap a wee one in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you joined the supernova, yours is looking good so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those colors! This is going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! That baby quilt looks great too. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete