About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Movie review: A Shine of Rainbows

Last night Daddio and I watched  the movie A Shine of Rainbows. (Well, I watched the last 2/3rds). It was a charming story based on a book by Lillian Beckwith. I hope my library has the book because I really want to read it.
It is basically about an orphaned boy in Ireland who is taken in by a woman and her husband. The boy and the woman form a strong bond and she teaches him a new way to look at things, but the husband seems indifferent to the boy. There is tragedy, and I spent much of the movie in tears but in spite of that it really is a wonderful story.
You can go to http://ashineofrainbows.com/about.php to read more about it.
I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

Image from http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Shine-Of-Rainbows/147565007920?ref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment