About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Friday Night Sew In

Handmade by Heidi


Instead of finishing up my Supernova cutting, I finished another project. I had started this one early in the week, testing out a template to see if it would work to make a Dresden Plate. It worked! I had cut all the blades/petals(?) but I needed to piece them. By the time I had pieced them all and put the center on I was wiped out. I have been fighting really bad allergies and they are kicking my tail! So I left FNSI early and caught up on some blog reading.
The plan is to make a pillow with this.



I for sure need to practice making circles for applique and the applique itself.  :) I machine appliqued the center onto the plate. I also started with 20 blades, piecing them 2 then 4 then 8, but when I got 4 of the 5 sections together, It looked like adding the last section of four would not have worked. I added it anyway, and had to take off 3 blades, leaving 17. Weird. I assumed there would need to be an even amount. Maybe my seams were off or my blades were cut differently. Oh well. It still works.
I used the Vintage Groove Charm pack and Tumbler Template (both from HERE). I like the colors, though it's not my usual color palette at all. There are some really fun fabrics in that line. There is one that they don't have listed on the website, but I have seen it at the shop and it has words or quotes or something on it. I love it!

6 comments:

  1. Your Dresden plate is looking fab the colours are great

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading about your progress! Everyone is into Dresdens! I need to give it a try. It's the appliqué that gets me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fabrics are gorgeous... and your Dresden plate block is going to make a fabulous pillow!

    Off to see if I can find a charm pack or two...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so pretty! I have a Dresden block on my to-do list to make a clock. Yours will be so pretty as a pillow. :)

    Thank you for visiting and commenting on my blog. I have pillowcases on my to-do list so practicing french seams on them is a great idea. I don't know your friends but I hope they like the area. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the Vintage Groove fabric. If your wedges are wider at the bottom then I would not think you would need quiet as many. Guess it worked and that is all that counts.

    ReplyDelete