About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Hawaiian Meatballs

This is a staple at our house. It is basically a sweet and sour sauce served over beef and rice.




Hawaiian Meatballs – Linda B

1 ½ lbs ground beef, rolled into meatballs. Brown in oil and drain.

Sauce:
1 can pineapple chunks or tidbits(13 ½ oz.)
2 tbsp cornstarch
½ cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp soy sauce
¼ cup vinegar

Drain pineapple juice into measuring cup. Add water to make 1 cup total liquid. Pour into medium sauce pan. Add cornstarch and stir until smooth. Stir in sugar, soy sauce and vinegar. Simmer until clear. Add pineapple. Serve with rice and meatballs.

*My mom likes to cook some sliced green peppers with the meatballs. I don't bother making meatballs at all. Instead, I just brown some ground beef, drain the fat and add a little soy sauce. Then, make a lovely pile of rice and top with meat, then sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment