About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Easy Fast Rolls


Easy Fast Rolls - Dorleen Talbot

Preheat oven to 200 degrees then turn off.


In small bowl dissolve :
2 TBSP yeast in
1/2 cup warm water (100 -110 degrees)for at least 5 minutes


In large mixing bowl:
2 eggs – well beaten
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup warm water
1 cup flour

 
    Mix well. Add yeast mixture. Then add 1/2 tsp salt.
Slowly add 3-4 cups more flour. Knead until almost sticky and elastic. Lightly grease a large oven safe bowl, put dough in and turn once. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Put in warmed oven to rise 50-60 minutes or until double in size.
When doubled, remove from oven (Test for readiness by pushing 2 fingers into the top, If a dent remains, dough is ready.) Punch down by pushing fist in the center and push all the way down to the bottom. Then pull sides away from bowl with fingers. Lift out and roll out dough for cutting. Divide the dough into 2 parts, then roll out and cut into squares or divide dough into 24- 2 oz. balls and place on greased cookie sheet. Let rise until doubled.
Preheat oven to 350. Bake until brown 8-14 minutes, Checking frequently. Remove from oven. Brush with melted butter if desired.
*Can also make clover leaf rolls by making walnut size balls, placing 2 or 3 in each greased muffin tin, rise and bake as directed above.

For raising the dough, I use a tall clear Rubbermaid Storage container, sprayed with Pam, and set it near the oven vent (not in the oven). I can see really well how much the dough as risen. I just spray the lid too, and lightly place it on top. When the dough is ready, I punch in down right in the center and then pull the dough from the side and turn it out onto whatever floured surface I will be kneading on.

1 comment:

  1. What a great easy recipe. So wish I had found this earlier, it would have went wonderful with dinner. I'll have to save it for another day.

    ReplyDelete