About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies (Sweet Surprises)

Pin It




Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies (Sweet Surprise Cookies)

2 egg whites (room temperature)
1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon vanilla

3/4 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips


  Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Lightly grease one cookie sheet, or cover with foil or parchment paper.
  In large mixing bowl, beat egg whites, vanilla, and cream of tartar with electric mixer until soft peaks form.
  Beat in sugar and salt one tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form.
  Fold in chocolate chips.
  Drop by teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart on baking sheet. (I do a heaping Tablespoon for a larger cookie) Bake at 300 for 15-18 minutes. Peaks should be a light golden  brown when done.


No comments:

Post a Comment