About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Blocks for Cancer


I came across a blog today that is collecting star blocks to make a quilt to raise money for the American Cancer Society. My dad was diagnosed last year, and just had surgery last week, so I wanted to make a block for him. I didn't have the right colors so I made this one instead. But I will be getting some fabric on Friday, (tomorrow is Zoo day) so I can do one for him.


I also got another block done for Just One Star, and packed it and the other one I made to mail tomorrow.


I was supposed to be catching up on Quilt Alongs, but this appealed to me more. :)

And, just an idea. Maybe we could all take some time at Friday Night Sew In this weekend to do a little act of service and make a block for either Blocks for Cancer or Just One Star.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link to the cancer charity quilt. I lost my mother to cancer when I was a teenager so I do try to help out whenever I can.

    I had planned to make a Just One Star block during FNSI, now I'll add one more to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your father is recovering nicely from his surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (((hugs))) about your dad. You're so kind to help out! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete