About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

WIP Wednesday

It's Wednesday! That means time for...
 Go check out all the happenings at Lee's  blog.


I haven't had a whole lot of energy to devote to sewing this week, but I did get a couple of things accomplished.
I got a cute kit at Alford Inn to make the baby quilt for my cousin's new baby. The pattern was designed by the owner and you can email or call her if  you would like to purchase the pattern. It is fast and cute. The top just takes 2 charm packs and a bit of yardage for borders. The back that came in the kit was panels that coordinated with one of the charm packs. I am going to save those for another project and use a pink and white check for the back.
I am only giving a sneak peek of the baby quilt. :)



 The other thing I worked on was making another Chelsy's Block to see if my tutorial was accurate. I cut too much off when I squared it up so it is 9.25" instead of 9.5" which will make it finish at 8.75". And there is a tuck or two in the seams. But I still like it and it is a pretty quick block to piece.


Current WIPS:

  • MOTP QA:
  • Circle of Wonky stars QA They are at the quilting stage and I still have not picked fabric. :)
  • Buck a Block BOTM: Still in piecing mode.
  • The Hot Wheels quilt: Stuck
  • Flaming Dragon doll quilt: quilted (Feel free to giggle. I did. This is the worst free motion effort ever.)
 
  • Baby quilt for my cousin's baby: partially pieced
  • Doll quilt using vintage sheet: sheet washed
  • iPhone cover (On hold pending the replacement of the phone. Don't ask. What a mess!)
  • Pencil case for my purse.

New projects added:
  • Very Hungry Caterpillar quilt: I was gifted a quilt kit for this and have it partially cut. It should be a quickie.
  • Thread catcher
  • Tooth fairy pillow (We are at the stage of a new loose tooth every week, and the tooth fairy is having trouble finding them hiding under pillows!) Finished. I used the tutorial posted Tuesday on Sew Mama Sew by Shannon from pieceLove. He loves it!

 





5 comments:

  1. kudos to you for trying your free motion. I have yet to work up the courage! Can't wait to see more of your baby quilt. It looks so soft and snuggly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, your tooth fairy pillow is adorable! How sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tooth fairy pillow and the bottom photo is priceless - really made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, is that other front one about to go too? Very cute pillow! I really like the design of your Chelsey's Block. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that tooth fairy pillow. I've got that tute bookmarked for when the time comes. : ) Can't wait to see more of your cousin's baby quilt. Thanks for linking up, have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete