About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

WIP Wednesday

Wednesday is upon us!




We are winter-weathered-in here in Texas so I have had some time to play with the kids, read and sew.
I am feeling much more myself, though the weekend was really, really rough. I did make some progress on a particular project which I am happy about. My mom, sisters and I are making a collaborative quilt for a good friend of ours who is having her first boy after 3 girls. We need to make 20 - 9 inch (finished) blocks between the 3 or 4 of us (not sure if one of my 2 sisters is taking part.) So I am making 7 of them. I now have 6 finished and one of them is a block of my own creation (more or less)! I had a pattern from Quilters Cache called Fiesta, but it didn't really fit in with the other blocks I was making. Too many little pieces. So I revamped it. I really like how it turned out! I did make some silly errors and had to pick apart too many seams, but in the end it paid off. I named it Chelsy's Block for the girl who will be getting the quilt for her baby. I really really hope that I didn't break some copyright law or steal someone else's block. If I did it was not intentional.
And I am planning on making more of this one, I like it so much.  So watch out!

Anyway, the other block I did was also from Quilter's Cache called Whirling Square. I really like how this one turned out as well. Some of the other blocks I made I am not in love with but I think they will fit in fine once all the blocks are together. I am so sick of these fabrics though! BLAGH! Oh, well, just one more to go!

I thought about doing some wonky, or more modern looking blocks, but I am pretty sure my partners would think I was nuts. I don't know if they even know what they are. So I stuck with more traditional ones.


Here are the four I have already shown you:

Indiana Puzzle

Wandering Star

Cups and Saucers

Swappers Star

And here are the 2 new ones:
Whirling Square


Chelsy's Block

Here is what I still have in my active WIPS:
Sliced Coins QA, sew the coins together.
Circle of Wonky Stars QA: Nada! I am stuck on fabric choices and we are already supposed to be on block 2. I may abandon this one for a while.
MOTP Layer Cake QA: 2 blocks behind.
Buck a Block BOTM  I have almost all my sashing blocks pieced, need to finish about 10 and then cut them apart, remove the Thangles and press. I have all the other blocks in my possession and just need to put them together (3, I think).
The Hot Wheels quilt is still an image on the computer. I need more fabric, which isn't happening any time soon.
I'm probably forgetting something, but oh well.

So folks, that is my WIP report for the week. Have a great day!

I am putting Chelsy's Block in Quiltstory's Block Party!

Fresh Poppy Design


9 comments:

  1. we are all iced in here in PA also! makes for extra sewing time. You got a lot done on all your blocks. Love that polka dot fabric with the blue and orange. what is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great variety of blocks!

    Angie - http://craftedAngles.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these fabrics, and the color combination, and the designs look so crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty blocks, I love them! Sorry you're sick of the fabric, that happens to me too sometimes. : )

    I love Chelsy's block, nice job revamping it!

    Thanks for linking up with WIP Wednesday, have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love Chelsey's Block!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chelsey's Block is so wonderful! We have some tough competition...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great set of blocks! Chelsey's block is great for that print you want to show more of. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love the color combos you went with, such great blocks! Thank you so much for submitting, we had so much fun with this party, so THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete