About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Tangy Chicken


Tangy Chicken
from Where's Mom Now That I Need Her cookbook. (Great for college kids!)

1-2 lb chicken pieces
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp salt

2 tbsp butter, melted
1 cup water
2 tbsp packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup catsup

Combine flour and salt. Roll chicken in mixture to coat. Fry in skillet in hot oil until browned on all sides. In a small bowl combine melted butter, water, sugar, pepper, onion, and catsup. Pour over chicken in skillet. Cover and simmer 30 minutes or until thick. Serve over rice.

* I totally skip the first step,  and just cook the chicken pieces in a little olive oil. I also double the sauce recipe to feed our family of 6, but I leave the pepper at a 1/2 tsp or it's too spicy for the kids. My kids fight over who gets to take the leftovers to school.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this! I lost my book and this was my favorite recipe!

    ReplyDelete