About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Bisquick Chicken Pot Pie





I thought this recipe was a creation of a friend of my sister's but she says not. So, I don't know where this recipe came from, I just know I love it, as do my kids. It is not the recipe on the Bisquick box (that I know of).
I have to double it to feed my hungry yahoos, and I have stopped making the bottom crust, mostly to save time. I use my largest casserole dish to bake it in. I also rarely measure the veggies and chicken, I just dump them in until the ratio of gravy to other stuff looks good.





Bisquick Chicken Pot Pie
1. Heat oven to 400.

Bottom crust

2 tbsp. firm margarine
1 cup Bisquick
2 tbsp. milk


1. Cut margarine into mix until fine crumbs.
2. Stir in milk until forms a ball and cleans sides of bowl.
3. Pat onto bottom of and up to rim of ungreased pie plate. Bake 5 minutes

Top crust

½ cup Bisquick
1/3 cup milk
1 tbsp. Melted margarine


1.    Mix until smooth.
2.    Pour over filling, gently smoothing out to edges.

Filling

¼ c margarine
¼ c Bisquick
2 tbsp. chopped onion
1/8 tsp. Pepper
1 ¼ c chicken broth
1 cup frozen vegetables *if you use hash browns potato cubes, it helps to have pre-cooked them
1 ½ c diced cooked chicken


1.    Heat margarine in saucepan until melted.
2.    Stir in ¼ c mix, onion and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is bubbly.
3.    Stir in broth, vegetables and chicken. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir one minute, heat through.
4.    Pour mixture into crust.
5.    Pour top crust over filling. Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.




1 comment:

  1. Betty Crocker cookbook.....That's where I found it originally.

    ReplyDelete