About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Amy's Sloppy Joes

This recipe has been trial and error and is now a combination of several different recipes. It took a while to get it to where everyone liked it. My kids won't eat onions or peppers so if you prefer you can omit the onion powder and use the real thing, as well as add in some sauteed green or red peppers. I like to lightly toast our buns and we have learned that if you serve them with the top of the bun on the bottom, they don't fall apart as fast. They still are messy though!

Amy’s Sloppy Joes

1 pound ground beef
2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste

14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup ketchup
3 TBSP brown sugar
1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
1 ½ TBSP mustard


In large skillet brown the ground beef. Drain fat. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, salt and pepper. Then add tomatoes, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar and mustard. Stir and simmer covered for about 10 minutes, then 5 more uncovered, then serve on hamburger buns.
* If you want it with more tomato flavor, add 1- 6oz can of tomato paste when you add the diced tomatoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment