About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

A little Applique

I finally got around to doing the appliqued initials on my kids' bath towels. Now I will know who left their towel in the hall and it won't be the ghost of "I didn't do it". Haha!


I have only appliqued one other thing and it didn't go very well. I mean it was okay, but it was obvious that I was inexperienced. I did these differently, opting for the raw edge applique and a straight stitch to sew it down. It went much better. The curves were still a bear, as is clear by the "J".  But they are just bath towels so who really cares! :) Thankfully the other 3 all are straight edged letters. The "M" did not get done since my daughter swiped her towel out of the clean laundry before I could tell her not to. I don't really want to applique on a used towel. Don't know why really,other than it just seems yucky. So I still have one to do.

I am also proud of the fact that the fabric I chose went pretty close to perfect with the shower curtain even though I had to go by memory what color green was in it. Woohoo!

3 comments:

  1. Cute, and a great idea for keeping track of towels! I think your appliqueing looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. The I don't know ghost visits out house too. I see monogrammed everything in my future.

    ReplyDelete