About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

I forgot!

More often than not recently I have participated in WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced. Well yesterday I just plain forgot! I have been giving Cindy at Alford Inn and Quilt Shoppe some help getting her blog up and going, and spent a fair amount of time on that. (Go check it out!) I had to get finances caught up in Quicken and still haven't quite finished. We had a power outage for a bit so I took the time to go read and take a quick snooze while baby girl was napping. I also had the rest of the wild bunch home since it was another snow day. I had intended to catch up on at least one sewing project but it didn't happen. Maybe today? :)

I did add another project to my list. When one of my 4 kids was born (and unfortunately which one has escaped me), my mother in law gave me a crib sheet that was my husband's when he was a baby. It has gotten a hole or two in it, so I decided to re-purpose it. With my MIL's blessing I am going to make it into a quilt. Probably a doll or baby quilt. Want to see it? Course you do!





Isn't it sweet?

So now I have way too many projects going on at once. I really should stop adding things. But then again, it's not a race and as long as it's fun why not!



3 comments:

  1. Cool! I'm loving the re-purposed sheets thing too! I have plans to make a quilt with some too! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely idea to repurpose something that was your husband's as a child.
    come visit my giveaway
    Leigh at The Sewing Diva

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondered where you were. : ) That vintage sheet will make a very sweet quilt. See you at the next WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete