About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

WIP Wednesday

It's Wednesday!

For me, nothing terribly exciting happened this last week as far as progress goes. I did try my hand designing the "Hot Wheels" quilt, and came up with a fun sketch, but since my printer is out of ink and I was out of graph paper, it didn't make it very far in the process. But I will show you what fabrics I have so far. I need to find more of the flames. I only have 2 fats which probably isn't going to cut it. :)
There is yellow in the car fabric somewhere. You just can't see it in this scan. I still need to find some more fabric. Not sure what yet.




(Do you see diamonds or dots? Just curious!)




I had the UFO gathering this week which I took 3 projects to.
First was the little tote bag I made for my 18 month old. She is obsessed with bags and carrying them around and taking things in and out of them. She had taken to trying to drag around my Green bag lady bag, which is way too big for her to manage. So I made her her very own little tote bag. I named it the Tiny Tot Tote.



I had spent most of one day on it making and writing a tute and just needed to zigzag the inside seams. (I will be changing that step however because I realized that they could be turned.)
She (the tot) has since thrown it over for a large Ziploc bag. So much for that! :)

When that was done I worked on the December block for My block of the month,which I believe is a Flying Dutchman. I had a tough time with it. I took it apart too many times for mismatched seams and cut off points. I ended up only getting about 1/3 of the way through it before I had had enough. I moved on to the other pillowcase for my daughter.



I whipped that out and then had a brownie hot fudge sundae provided by our host. (We all know how chocolate can be vital in the crafting process.)

I got the pattern for the next quilt- along block, but I can't print the directions and didn't fancy going back and forth between computer and table so I put it on the back burner.

I will be joining the Sliced Coins Quilt Along over at Don't Call Me Betsy. Here are my fabrics plus a Bella solid in Ivory for the background fabric.



I had these all in my stash and they have been waiting for just the right project. I sure hope they look okay together!
I look forward to starting it.

And that is my little gathering of current and completed WIPs.
Go to Freshly Pieced to see some much more fabulous ongoing adventures!


7 comments:

  1. Love the tiny tot tote! Say that one 5 times fast! I'll be waiting for your tutorial, it's cute. My 2 yr old loves her tote bag, we have to fill it with toys before we go anywhere.... sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tiny tot tote is gorgeous and so cute (the fabric is beautiful).... a gorgeous bag for a gorgeous little girl - fancy passing that up for a ziplock lol

    That's gonna be a bright and cheerful car quilt - you picked out some great fabrics :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that little tote for your daughter, it's adorable. My nearly three year old boy is big on bags, too. Can't wait to see the tute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks to me like you got a fair bit done this week! I see dots AND diamonds in that fabric though I admit I saw the diamonds first.

    Don't worry - your daughter will come back to the tote.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I think your sliced coins fabrics will be great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute tote! I see diamonds, then if I squint I see dots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that little tote! I could definitely use a few of those around here. : ) So I'm looking forward to the tute. Do you think a 4-year-old's ballet slippers and tap shoes would fit in there? My daughter needs a bag for dance class.

    And I see dots, BTW. : )

    Thanks for linking up, have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete