About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

WIP Wednesday

It's Wednesday and time to report on progress made on some projects I have going.

I completed a WIP this week! The charm quilt (still nameless!) is a finished top! It is now hanging in the closet waiting for the day when I purchase backing for it. :) Technically this is still a WIP but, that's okay. I have more pictures of the process on my flikr page.



Also, I acquired a small project from my MIL who passed on the leftovers from my daughter's cowgirl turning 20 quilt that they made together. (My daughter pieced, and my MIL cut. I don't actually know who machine quilted it. I need to find out.)



The small project was to be at least 2 matching pillowcases. I finished one and left the other one to take to my UFO gathering on Thursday. (The last gathering was such a hit that we made it a monthly occurrence!) My daughter paired up the fabrics and then I made/will make them.



There is still quite a bit of fabric so I might make the baby a matching quilt for the toddler bed that will soon be in the girls' room. They don't share the room yet but they will in the not too distant future.


And I made my bag for the Green Bag Lady Take One Make One. I was a winner of that giveaway and I have to say, not my favorite fabric. Sorry Amy Butler. But I made my bag and mailed it out today. I like making these because they are simple. I make them harder than they need to be, with nice hems and such, but they still are easy.




Things I would like to accomplish in the coming week:
  • Make at least one block for the Lollipop baby quilt. I did finally finalize my block choices.
  • Make my Block of the month that I picked up in December.
  • Make my MOTP LCQA block 6This one has me totally intimidated for some reason. My printer ran out of ink so I might be running back and forth from the computer to make it. That's not really helping my motivation to start it.
  • Decide on the design for J's "Hot Wheels" quilt (and maybe buy some actual Hot Wheels official fabric, not just race cars and flames.)
Wanna see some more WIP's? Head on over to Freshly Pieced to check out the link up!

11 comments:

  1. Oooh, that Hot Wheels quilt sounds good - can't wait to see where you're going with it. Sounds like a little boy's dream quilt! Your charm quilt is looking quite lovely also. Happy WiP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got a lot of good stuff going on. Love that your MIL and your daughter are working on a quilt together. I wish I had some quilters in my family to share this with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your charm quilt top! That'll be so beautiful all quilted up.

    I have to say Amy Butler is really hit and miss for me. Some fabrics are just so gorgeous, and some... well they just aren't.

    I'm so glad I'm not the only one intimidated by LCQA block 6. I'm not sure it'll work very well with my Happy fabrics. :/ I'm sure we are both worrying about nothing though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - you had a productive week! Way to go. I love your little charm quilt, and wholeheartedly agree about some of Amy Butler's fabrics....

    ReplyDelete
  5. The charm quilt turned out very cute, and so did the bag! Thanks for linking up with WIP Wednesday, have a fabulous week! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. How easy is that bag to make? Can you bring it tomorrow so I can see what size it is? I need a smaller diaper bag for Brady and I would love to pick my own fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, charm quilt! And bag! :)

    I am...so-so on Amy Butler. Hm.

    GO, you, with your list! *cheers*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the completion of your charm pack quilt. Very pretty!

    Angie - craftedAngles.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the charm quilt! I am working on 3 charm quilts from fabrics found in the attic!

    My MIL and I love to stitch together too! The time spent together is priceless!

    ReplyDelete