About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Sadie's Better Brownies

I am a sucker for a good brownie and a sucker for a fun mystery novel as well. I found both when I read Lemon Tart: A Culinary Mystery by Josi S. Kilpack.



There are lots of wonderful sounding recipes in this book, (and you can get them all by going HERE , then by clicking where it says "Download recipes here"), but as I said, I am sucker for brownies, so I tried Sadie's Better Brownies first.

The flavor was good and chocolaty, but they are quite rich. I also needed to bake them longer. I just did the 35 minute as per the minimum time listed, but they were still very uncooked in places.
I liked that I didn't need cocoa for these. I buy my chocolate chips in bulk(ish) because I love to make cookies. Cocoa is harder to find in larger sizes. So when the recipe I had planned to make called for 1 1/3 cups of cocoa and I only had about 1/2 cup, I decided to move on.



On a scale of 1 -10, 10 being best, these are a 6. I need to make them again, baking them longer to see how they come out.

I hate to say it, but I still like boxed Betty Crocker better.

Go HERE to get the recipe. (I don't want to mess with any copyright stuff posting the actual recipe here.)

Oh yeah, the book was a fun, light read. I gave it 3 out of 5 stars on my Goodreads list. I'll probably read more of her books for fun.

2 comments:

  1. Well they do look wonderful... yum!

    I've not baked brownies before though my husband and son love them, I keep promising myself I'm going to, one day...

    The book sounds like lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Culinary Mystery? How fun is that? I'm so going to check this series out. Are there any others? I'm such a sucker for food. :)

    ReplyDelete