About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Stationary Holder Tutorial

I used to make these all the time when I was a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. As I planned activities for the next few months for my church girls group (ages 8-11), I needed an easy project to do to go along with a lesson on writing letters of gratitude and appreciation. I will supply cards and envelopes and they will make these to keep them in.

As always, if something doesn't make sense, please let me know so I can make changes.



Stationary Holder tutorial:

Supplies :
• 8.5 x 11inch sheet of cardstock
• Pencil
• Ruler
• Staples/stapler or brads
• Bone folder (optional)
• Embellishments
• Fillers (Notepads, envelopes, cards etc.)



Fold your paper in half to 8.5 x 5.5inches.




Open back up and fold up the bottom 2.5 inches to make a 6 x 11inch paper. (I drew a line to follow.)







Open back up and fold back to 8.5 x 5.5 inches.




Mark a dot about ¼ inch in from the fold, in the bottom left corner. (In the picture I have the paper turned upside down.)



Draw a light pencil line diagonally from the dot up to the 2.5inch fold line at the outer fold. The line should go all the way from the bottom up to the edge of the paper forming a really narrow triangle.





Trim along line through both layers of paper. Repeat with bottom right corner.



Open paper back to 8.5 x 11.




Fold up bottom flaps. Secure the flaps at the top outside corners as close to the edges as you can. (About 1/8th inch).





Decorate as desired.



Keep cards in one pocket of the folder, and envelopes in the other.


2 comments:

  1. Fantastic AJ - thank you - makes a great gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fill with some homemade cards and it makes a great gift- I love this one

    ReplyDelete