About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sliced Coins Quilt Along: Making The Cut

I am participating in 3 quilt alongs right now. I am not exactly sure how that happened, but nonetheless, here I am.
The one I am working on today is Don't Call Me Betsy's Sliced Coin QA. I have always wanted to do one of these quilts, so I jumped right in. (Well, I did dither a tiny bit between a postage stamp and this one, but this one won out.)
I already had fabrics in my stash that had been grouped together to make a quilt, but had not found a pattern that appealed to me. But I thought they would work great for this. At least I hope so, since I already cut them up! :)



As I was cutting, I wasn't really loving them together as big pieces. But I don't really want to switch now, so these are the ones!


I Just noticed that over in the linky at Don't Call me Betsy , I misspelled my own blog name. Duh!

Just ignore my typo and go see who else is playing along. :)

2 comments:

  1. Maybe once you get them sewn into the quilt you'll like them better again?

    And I kind of eyeballed my really big coins, like I wasn't sure if I liked them, but I figure I can always cut them down to get some smaller coins if I want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think once you add the slices, you'll like your coins again - I had a little bit of that feeling myself when I was working on mine, too. :)

    ReplyDelete