About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

WIP Wednesday

Hey, Hey, Hey! It's Work in Progress Wednesday!
What have I been up to? Well, let's see.

Things that have been at the top of my WIP list are:

  • Tree skirt - Yes, my tree is still in the buff. Let's just leave it at that.
  • Stockings - Still just one done. I discovered the reason why I did not have enough scraps to do the advent calender. It was because I was using the whole fat quarter for the stocking, when I had intended to use half for the stocking front and half for the advent pockets, and a different fabric to make all the backs of the stockings. The backing fabric was sitting in the bottom of the project box. I cleaned it out to organize my to-do list and get the cobwebs out of my brain and found it. So.... now I am making the first stocking again, which puts me back at 6 stockings. That is not very good progress.
  • Advent Calendar - Front and back and batting cut.
  • Hand quilting on In-Spur-Ation quilt. Not really any progress.
  • Block 4 of MOTP LC QA - I printed the pattern out!
  • December BOM - I picked up the kit

Since last week I added some more to-do's which are:

  • Teacher gifts - not sewn, just gifts cards and a treat with a digitally created tag*. - DONE


  • Neighbor gifts - plates of treats. - DONE
  • A reusable gift bag/tote for my sister's family's Christmas gift - DONE and mailed!





Don't look too closely at the tag. I tried my hand at applique and it did not go well. I am also still REALLY bad at bindings.
  • Table runners for the ladies I visit teach (if you follow this link, click "additional information") and my V.T. companion (4 total) and tags* (I used the same tag as the teacher gifts, just a little change) - DONE!



  • Gift bag/tote for MIL, FIL, and my parent's gifts.
  • Baby K's Christmas Jammies
  • Christmas cards to put together, print and mail. I think I am going to use templates from Creativity by Crystal. She just came out with 5x7 ones that will work great.
AND I am officially overwhelmed.

:)

Now it's time to go see what else is happening in blog land! Go to Freshly Pieced to see what other folks are working on!

*Tag elements by Shabby Princess

6 comments:

  1. This time of year certainly can be overwhelming! Thanks for sharing all of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are ambitious! I think my head would explode if I had that many projects going at once!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like we're all in the same boat ... sewing and crafting up to the last minute! Happy WIP Wednesday and happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got a lot done! Love the teacher gifts... and the bag that doubles as a wrap job! I thought about something like that but my list got ahead of my time so that was dropped. Good luck with the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew, that's a heck of a list! I loved your story about forgetting your original plan for the stockings. I do stuff like that all the time. : ) All of a sudden you pull out some fabric and you're like, "Wait, what was this for, again? Oh yeah ...."

    Thanks for linking up with WIP Wednesday! Keep plugging away, I know I will be. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh that is quite the list! Love your teacher gifts, i did something similar....Teachers can't live on apples alone - they need hugs and kisses too. Thanks for your commit*mint* to teaching....and in the bag were kisses and peppermints. Where did you find the printables? It would have saved me work.

    ReplyDelete