About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

WIP Wednesday

First, I am still on MIJ so no pictures today.
Second, go check out some other WIPs at Freshly Pieced!

I have had a somewhat productive week considering I had kids home and it was Thanksgiving.
I am still working on the advent calendar even though it should have started today.
I got the fusible web ironed on, and the circles and banner cut out.
Then I realized that my plan was to use leftovers from stockings and the tree skirt to make the pockets. Since I hadn't cut most of that out, I had to put the calendar on hold to do that.

I got the tree skirt almost cut out and about 50% pieced.

I got one stocking cut out and the cuff sewn on. Discovered in the process that my idea of how to line it seriously messed up the last seam if I did french seams. So I got to rip out 2 seams and start again. I ended that with pinning the stocking again and that is where it sits.

I got my MOTP LC QA block 3 cut. I'm not happy about it since I ran out of fabric to do what I wanted and had to improvise.

This week I am hosting a U.F.O. (Un-finished objects) party so I should make some good progress.

Things to do this week:

  • Advent Calender completed
  • Finish piecing tree skirt
  • At least 1 stocking complete
  • Block of the month pieced
  • Block 3 of MOTP LC QA pieced



3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your progress on the Advent Calendar! : ) Good luck with all the other projects!

    And don't forget to link up at my blog! Thanks for joining WIP Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun at the U.F.O party! That should really help your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A UFO party sounds like a great idea - hope you get lots of your little jobs done.

    ReplyDelete