About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tasty Tuesday: Wassail

Aunt Jackie's Wassail
My Aunt Jackie shared this family recipe when I was a kid and it has been a Christmas tradition ever since. Now our family shares this warm and fragrant treat throughout the holiday season. This is an excellent recipe for large holiday gatherings, maybe after caroling out in the snow!



In a large pot (must hold at least 2½ gallons) mix:

2 qt. Water
3 2/3 cup sugar (stir until dissolved)
10 cinnamon sticks
Bundle in cheesecloth:
3 ginger roots
10 whole allspice
24 whole cloves
Gently simmer these in mixture for 1 hour.

Add:
42 oz orange juice (5 ¼ c)
2 cups lemon juice
1 gallon apple juice

Simmer at least one hour. Remove the cloth bundle before serving. Serve warm.
**Half recipe can be found HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment