About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Friday, December 10, 2010

It's cookie time!

I hope you all remembered that today is the cyber/online/blogger/whatever cookie exchange!
I have already seen some really good ones.

Here is where you can link up if you like:

Pleasant Home Christmas Cookie Exchange

Now for my recipe.This is a favorite of mine that I only make at Christmas. It was from our church cookie exchange a couple of years ago. Unfortunately whoever brought them did not put their name on them so I don't even know where they came from!
They are very easy to make and are rich and delicious. They are very very similar to Chocolate Crinkles AKA Chocolate Chews, except they are made with a cake mix, and topped with a peppermint patty. Yummy!

I did an experiment with half the dough tonight and tucked a Junior mint inside instead of topping them with a full size peppermint patty. It is much more subtle mint flavor, still good, but the mints did tend to escape if they weren't all the way in the dough and make a gooey puddle on the cookie sheet. Thank goodness for parchment paper!

Here is the recipe. Enjoy!



Fudgy Mint Cookies – Melissa Ward Cookie Exchange

1 package devils food cake mix
½ cup butter, softened
1 tbsp water
2 eggs
2 tbsp powdered sugar
2 packages chocolate covered mint patties

Preheat oven to 375. Unwrap mints.
Combine cake mix, butter and water. Add eggs, mix well. Chill until set if needed. Shape into 1 inch balls and roll in powdered sugar. Place 2 inches apart on un-greased cookie sheets.

Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes or until set. Immediately press a mint into the center of each cookie. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.

2 comments:

  1. Mint & chocolate sound so goooood right now. These will be fun to make. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete