About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

WIP Wednesday

Go check out what everyone is working on at WIP Wednesday linky at Freshly Pieced!

I'm having computer issues again so I am using MIJ, which means no pictures(EDIT I added one from a previous post). (I did post about most of the completed ones already though, so you can backtrack or got to my Flikr site via the sidebar button)
Here is last week's to do list:
To Do:
  • Ho-Ho Holiday Swap ornaments - DONE I finished my ornaments yesterday and should be putting them in the mail today.
    One of them didn't really turn out as well as I would like. But I have so little experience in this particular area that I just had to do my best. I hope it doesn't come across as terrible to my partner.
  • Advent Calendar
  • Stockings
  • November Block of the month
  • Piece MOTP Layer Cake Quilt Along Block #2 - DONE
Added to the list was another baby gift:receiving blanket, burp cloths and a wipes case, of which only the blanket and one burp cloth got made. And also bind the other 2 baby quilts, which were completed and both gift sets were loved by the recipients (thank goodness).



I really want to get the advent calendar started, as December is looming. So that is priority one at the moment.
I also want to finish the Bliss quilt, since fall finally arrived here in Texas and I want to snuggle up in it.
And last, my mom and sisters and I are collaborating on a quilt for a childhood (and now adult) friend who, after having 3 girls is finally having a boy. I have my Lollipop fat quarters and I am in charge of picking the block size so I need to do a little research and planning.

That my friends is a summary of my WIP (and accomplishments).

P.S. When my partner receives her ornaments I will do a post about those as they were in WIP mode. But I don't want to give anything away just yet!


7 comments:

  1. Awesome progress! And may I suggest a zig zag quilt for the baby boy? There's an awesome block tutorial over at Applique Today on how to do zig zags in a block fashion. Here's a link - http://appliquetoday.blogspot.com/2010/10/zig-zag-quilt-tutorial.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice progress! I second the suggestions for a zig zag block. Here's a tutorial for making the zig zags from strips.

    Happy WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for crossing things off your list! Looking forward to seeing those ornaments!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've made great progress this week! I'm sure your partner will LOVE their ornaments! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great progress!! Congrats on getting your Swap ornaments done!

    Happy stitching, and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, can't wait to pick up my mail as soon as I get back home! :) thanks for joining wip Wednesday, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete