Mild Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
4 skinless chicken breasts, cooked, shredded
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
1 TBSP butter
1/2 sm. onion chopped, lightly browned,
or 2 TBSP dried onion
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
7-oz. can chopped green chilis
12 oz. can evaporated milk
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
8 oz Sour cream
1 tsp garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly brown onion in small pan with 1 tbsp butter.
3. In large saucepan, heat soups, onion, chilies, evaporated milk, garlic powder and cheese on low heat, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted.
4. Line bottom of baking pan 1 cup sauce mixture.
5. In small bowl, mix 1 – 1 1/2 cups sauce mixture and fold in sour cream.
6. Using sour cream mixture, coat bottom of tortilla with about 1 TBSP, then add chicken, then cheese. Roll tightly and place seam side down in pan. Continue until pan is filled. Top with remaining sauce, covering tortillas completely. Top with cheese.
9. Bake 30 min covered with foil; 5 min without foil.
10. Cool 10-20 minutes to set up.