About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tasty Tuesday: Becki's Cheesy Potato Soup



Becki’s Cheesy Potato Soup – Becki Johnson
(I think Becki got this from someone else, so please excuse me if I owe you credit.)

15 Medium-Large Potatoes (peeled and cubed)
2 Large Carrots (grated)
1 Medium Onion (grated)
1/3 C Knorr bouillon (powder) (bouillon cubes- all 6 cubes in the pkg)
1 Tbsp fresh parsley (Chopped)
Heavy Cream (enough to thicken, about 1 cup)
1 Stick of butter
2 Cups cheese

1 Stick of butter
1/2 cup Flour


Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Add carrots, onions, bouillon, and parsley. Cook until potatoes are tender, but not mushy. Add 1 stick butter, cream and 1 cup of cheese.
To thicken, in separate pan, melt 1/2 stick butter and add flour to make a roux, Stir in some cream and mix together until smooth. Slowly add to soup pot and stir until thickened. Add remaining cheese or more if you like. Add salt/pepper to taste.

*This is one of those recipes that takes a little practice, trial and error, and notes about amounts as you perfect it. It's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment