About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Orange Nest baby quilt done.


Last one done. Just have to sew on the label.



One thing I discovered, was, that in the tutorials for binding, machine especially, they recommend pinning. Well that was a lot of being stabbed. I had seen quilt binding clips that look like those little snappy barrettes for hair, but I only had 5 or 6 of those barrettes laying around.


Instead I used the box of 100 metal double prong clips that I made bows for my baby girl with.



They worked great. I can take them on and off with one hand, they stay on the fabric, and hold it flat without bending it. I also used one as a tool when I did the machine binding to stuff the quilt edges back inside the binding when it started to roll out from under it.
Handy Dandy!

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving pinks and oranges at the minute - the colour combo just makes me happy!

    What a brilliant idea for holding the binding in place - beats being stabbed by all those pins :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for thtought in the clips. Ive seen them round and wondered if they were any good. I might have to give them a try.

    I love the quilt . Those colours are fabulous. Doesnt a finish feel wonderful?

    ReplyDelete