About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Monday, November 22, 2010

Chocolate Chews

I know it's not Tuesday, but we made these last night and so I though I would post the recipe here. It is a common recipe, usually called Chocolate Crinkles, but in my house growing up they were Chocolate Chews. This is the recipe my mom used.

Here you go!
Chocolate Chews Cookies (aka Chocolate Crinkles)

2 eggs
1/2 cup shortening
1 2/3 cup sugar
1 TBSP vanilla
1/3 cup milk 4TBSP cocoa
2 cups sifted flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder

1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 3 cookies sheets with parchment paper.
In large mixing bowl, beat eggs, shortening, sugar, vanilla, and milk until smooth.
Beat in cocoa, then add salt and baking powder.
Beat in flour ½ cup at a time until well blended. Cover with plastic wrap and chill at least one hour.
When chilled, scoop dough into tablespoon sized portions (a cookie scoop works well). Roll in powdered sugar and place on parchment about 2 inches apart.
Bake 10-12 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Cool on a wire rack.


3 comments:

  1. Ooooh, yummy. My MIL makes these a lot. They're especially good when slightly undercooked. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this post - it was a reminder to me to make these for the little ones coming for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are making me drool over chocolate at 6:15 in the a.m.!

    ReplyDelete