About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Busy sewing day

I have 3 projects on my to-do list today, one of which I just finished up.
Today was the first day of the Moose on the Porch Quilts Layer Cake Quilt Along. (Click the side bar button for general information)
I finished the block and I really like it. It still needs the circle added but I am going to wait until the end to add it to see what fabrics I have left. There are a couple of flowers that might be nice to fussy-cut for it. I used the Minick & Simpson for Moda Clermont Farms Layer Cake. I have been eyeing it for a while and I splurged today and got it. I was going to just use fats I had in my stash but I was 5 or 6 short in every single combination I tried. (You need 12) I need to be very, very good and not buy any more fabric for a very long time.



Also on my to-do list today I have a pattern that I am testing for a friend of mine and that is next up. Then I have my B.o.t.M. block for October to make. I doubt I will get that far since naptime is about over.



p.s. Tune in tomorrow for a surprise!

2 comments:

  1. Nice job! I would love to see this when you do applique the center square.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, this block looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete