About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Today's project

I'm helping put together a diaper cake for a gal at church, and of course once I had the receiving blankets in my possession I had to mess around with them. I did leave the package of larger ones alone to put on the diaper cake, but I used the 2 packs of 30"x30" blankets (which i.m.o. are practically useless after baby is a couple weeks old) to make this larger one-of-a-kind blanket.
I don't really care for the back, but I like the front.


3 comments:

  1. Cool! The mom will love it.
    BTW you're right about the small receiving blankets - who uses them except for burp cloths anyway.
    I just might have to borrow your idea - OK?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! In the past I have made layered ones with the larger receiving blankets that are nice for colder weather. Just sandwich them as is. Sew right sides together leaving about a 5 inch gap to turn right side out. Press, and close your seam and do another row of stitching about 1/2" from the idea to secure it. You can also stitch an x or a square in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a pink one I made on my flikr page you can see.

    ReplyDelete