About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tasty Tuesday: Orange Almond Salad

Orange-Almond Salad
This salad recipe was shared with me by the lady I nannied for as a young adult. It is one of my favorites.

Dressing:
¼ cup salad oil
2 TBSP sugar
2 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
1.4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp almond extract
Mix ingredients in jar or blender until salt and sugar dissolve and refrigerate until ready to serve the salad.

Salad:
6 cups mixed greens
1 can mandarin organs, drained
2 TBSP sliced scallions
Optional – 1/2 cup bacon crumbles, 2 cups diced grilled chicken

1/3 cup toasted sliced almonds

When ready to serve, toss greens, oranges, scallions and meats if using them. Then drizzle with desired amount of dressing and top with almonds. Serve immediately.
*This salad does not keep once the dressing is on the greens.

1 comment: