About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tasty Tuesday: Easy Baked Ziti

Easy Baked Ziti

1 pound Italian sausage (Breakfast sausage works too, but not maple flavor, and you may want to season the breakfast sausage with garlic and/or Italian seasoning.)
1 can (26 oz) Hunt's four cheese Spaghetti Sauce (You can use your favorite sauce, homemade or canned.)
1 can (6oz) Hunt's Tomato Paste
8 oz dry tube shaped pasta, cooked according to package directions (I use whatever pasta I have on hand, but I really like penne.)
1 cup (4oz) shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (canned is fine)
1/4 cup white sugar (I find canned sauces to have an acidic edge to them so I use the sugar to cut that a bit.)
Pam Cooking Spray

Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Brown sausage (or ground beef) in large skillet; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, sugar and paste; blend well.
Spray 8x8inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spoon 1/2 cup meat sauce into bottom of dish. Top with half of the pasta, half of the remaining sauce, and 1/2 cup cheese. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan. Repeat layers, starting with pasta and ending with mozzarella cheese.
Bake uncovered, 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Turn on broiler and heat 1-2 minutes until cheese browns slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment