About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Recipe test: Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Pork Loin

I had a pork loin that I wanted to try something new with, so good old Google to the rescue. The recipe I found sounded really good and simple so we gave it a go last night. The flavor was delicious. All my kids loved it. The only thing I need to change was to cut the cooking time way down, since the outside became hard/tough. The inside was moist and delicious as was the sauce. We are for sure making this one again! There were some good suggestions in the reviews, so it is worthwhile checking them out if you plan to try this.

Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Pork Loin


This is a delicious slow cooker pork roast with a sweet and lightly spiced glaze. Serve this pork loin roast with mashed potatoes and your favorite side dish vegetables.
Cook Time: 9 hours
Total Time: 9 hours
Ingredients:
• 1 boneless pork loin roast, 4 to 6 pounds
• 1 clove garlic, halved
• salt and pepper
• 1 1/3 cups brown sugar, divided
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
• 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Preparation:
Wash pork roast, trim excess fat, pat dry, and rub with garlic halves. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then prick the roast all over with a fork or skewer.
In a cup or bowl, combine 1 cup of the brown sugar, the mustard, and vinegar. Rub all over the roast.
Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours. Pour off the excess juices.
combine the remaining 1/3 cup brown sugar with cinnamon; Spread the mixture over the top of the roast. Cover and continue cooking on LOW for 1 hour longer.
Serves 6 to 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment